Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ginger Tea with a Side of Pizza

I've often felt lucky to have such good peeps in my life.  Since moving to Indy, I've been fortunate to keep friends I had made over the years and also make new ones as I rumble along.  I will be blogging about them often, so let me introduce a few before I talk about tea and pizza.

Meet Adrienne (or Adrin)
Brown haired blue-eyed, thigh dancing, strassenfest-loving, fiber-craving, long-time-going-to-bed-getting-readier, fellow-beer-drinking, health nut who always makes sure I eat a good breakfast--and if I only eat fruit and yogurt--that's not good enough!  How long have we been friends: 15 years



Meet Jaimie (you met her earlier)
Blonde haired, blue-eyed, God-loving, allergy-prone, creative detail-oriented, iphone-loving, monkey-face making, heckofanAmazing cook and tax whiz who will do anything for anyone and  always go out of her way to serve others. How long have we been friends: 1 year, 8 months.


Meet Shauna (or Bacon bit)
Blonde hair, brown eyed,  family-loving, witty-pun-making, bottled-water-drinking, church-going, long-distance-running, swim-lesson-teaching, Saturday-grocery-store-shopping, hopeless romantic who loves to parallel park...My one goal is to see her tipsy at least one time in my life. 
How long have we been friends: 2 years 



Thursday was our monthly pizza-making girls night.  A night where we make homemade pizzas, drink bottled water, drink wine, drink tea and then pee like racehorses.


Lemme tell you more about this tea.  It is utterly amazing! and I recommend you make it right away and never look back, because it's the best thing since barbq sauce.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup honey
the juice of 1 lemon or lime
inch of ginger grated (i like to put it in a garlic press)

Mix together in a pot and heat on stove for about 7-10 minutes.  Add water to dilute.
Drink it without diluting and it coats the throat if you have a sore one.
This is also a great cure for an oncoming cold.  Why?

Well, you probably know that lemon is high in Vitamin C. It is also full of phytochemicals. These are plant constituents that help boost the immune system and much more. Ginger and honey are also well documented to help the immune system. (I wish I could admit that these fun facts came off the top of my head, but no, I found them using Google, another good friend.) Adrin however, would probably know these off the top of her head.

Thursday evening we tried lime instead of lemon and prob talked about how good it was for 15 minutes.  Yes, we lead an exciting life.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...